Street Creep Repair Services in St. Louis
At Mid America Piering, there are a lot of homeowners who come to us with street creep problems. However, most don’t know their concrete problem is “street creep.” Street creep is sometimes called a concrete creep and results from the movement, expansion, or shifting of the concrete because of thermal changes throughout the year. Check out our service area to see if we work in your community.
Street creep is common across the St. Louis area. You might be wondering why it’s so common in these areas. In the Midwest, we experience all the seasons – and so does your concrete. This means that your concrete is affected by the scorching summer temps and the bitter cold in the winter. With these drastic temperature changes, your concrete will naturally shift, expand, or move around in its place because of the temperatures, sun, and rain. This movement causes wall cracks, the movement of your foundation, and various other structural and waterproofing problems.
Much like an earthquake, there isn’t any proven way to know when your home’s concrete will be impacted by street creep. Unfortunately, it makes its presence known whenever it does show up. The extreme pressure from street creep will cause your foundation, driveway, sidewalk, patio, or any other concrete surfaces to crack or to be higher or lower in certain spots.
As a homeowner, you may wonder if your Saint Louis area home is at risk for street creep. The answer is yes! Your home’s concrete could be affected regardless of where you live in the metro area. If you aren’t sure whether or not your home has street creep problems, please take a few minutes to read through the warning signs below.
Common Signs of Street Creep in St. Louis
If you notice any of the following street creep signs, you need to get in touch with Mid America Piering as soon as possible to take care of the repair work.
- Foundation Wall Movement: If your foundation walls appear to be pushed inward from your driveway slab, this could be an indication of street creep or another foundation problem.
- Expansion Joints Appear Compressed: You may have street creep if the expansion joints between the street or driveway are compressed.
- Large Openings Around Garage Door: If you notice any gaps between the foundation wall and your garage door slab, this could be a warning sign of street creep.
- Basement Wall Movement: If the basement or foundation wall look like they’re being pushed outward from the garage door slab, this could be an indication of street creep.
- Garage Wall Cracks: Any kind of wall cracks on the inside of your garage between the area where the floor and foundation wall meet could indicate a problem with street creep.
Preventing Street Creep in St. Louis
To prevent street creep, the most effective method would be to have us install expansion joints between your concrete slabs to help cut back on some of the pressure which is exerted.
Contact Us For Street Creep Repair Services in St. Louis
If you already notice signs of this concrete problem, we can provide you with affordable and professional street creep repair services. We guarantee that you will be pleased with our work. Regardless of whether you need repairs for one small area of a slab, of if you need replacement for an entire concrete slab, we can help.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation.